I try to carry on some of the traditions my parents gave us. Some are meaningful and some are just for fun. Every year, my mom would put together special valentine treats for all of us and set it on the counter so when we came downstairs we would see it and be surprised. I loved this special tradition and it was just enough "holiday" without the overkill. Every year she would put out the cards each grandparent sent in addition to our "loot". I have done this every year with the exception of the card mailed from the grandparents only because they could receive their Valentines in person. But not this year. So it was with a smile on my face that I added the cards my parent's and Michael Ann sent to each child and fondly remembered all the years my grandparents sent me a card with $5 and a sweet handwritten note.





Below are the kids in their "festive" clothes-a tradition I created when the girls started pre-K and I realized that every mom in their class bought their child a valentine shirt and I did not--big mom fail:(
We ended the day with homemade heart pizzas that each child made themselves. They were really good and so easy that I think this might become a new tradition!!
No comments:
Post a Comment